Monday, September 15, 2014

Peru: The $700 Journey

I finally made it to Peru and no short of a millon little struggles.  I though I would have at least one travel post about some of the difficulties of international travel.
The first leg to Houston I made with no problems.   Just as everyone was about to board to Lima, the plane had mechanical errors. We then all needed to switch planes whichof course  was too small!  Therefore, 24 volunteers were needed to take another flight.  Well the reward was a $700 voucher good for one year!  I jumped on that, and was given a room and food for the night and next day and a flight the following morning connecting in Panama... That too was delayed!
And to top it off my bag was lost meaning I had to take an extra day in Lima (there are worse places to get stranded in 3 day old underwear) before I could take my 22 hour bus trip to Cusco.  Well I am here now and all is well :P
Time to start traveling

My super comfy bus seat to Cusco that reclined nearly all the way and featured on demand moves in Spanish with subtitles and a few in English. As well as wifi, and meals and drinks included. Best bus I have ever taken! 

No comments:

Post a Comment