Friday, January 18, 2013

Bangkok: Black and White Internet... who knew

First post from SE Asia, YAY!  I am going to make this a light one as I do not have to much to share yet.

I spent my first week in Bangkok exploring the city and meeting some other wonderful backpackers.  My first few days were a bit rough before I met some people and got my directions straight in the big city  but, I thinks that's normal. (Thai people never point straight.  I do not know why but whenever I asked directions they always pointed in a veer to the right or left ind of motion.  So odd!) 

Nonetheless, after a few days I meet a group of people a Niras Backpackers Hostel, a lovely little place outside of the over crowded and commercial Kho San Rd, who I spent my next few days in the city with.  Last night I left BKK* and took an overnight train to Laos.
Here is a list of what I did in the city,
  • Saw a bunch of temples
  • Walked my butt off
  • Ate lots of street food and so much fruit! **Note to Arden**The variation of quail eggs the cook are amazing.
  •  Discovered my black and white kindle gets internet... so cool
  • Went to a Muay Thai Boxing  Match-see video
  • Explored the largest China town I have even been to.
I know there was more but that's all for now folks

Whats next?I think tomorrow I will travel north to the capital of Laos, Vientiane.  I have few plans from there but hope to meet some new (and old) friends from the Chinese New Year at the start of February in Hanoi.

I promise my posts will become less mundane soon

So much love to everyone at home

Signed,

One happy Traveler :oD


*Bangkok

No comments:

Post a Comment